Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 28 - Queen Elizabeth

It will another long day with Mrs Neo. BUT WAIT! Today lesson had start late because one of my classmates, Daryl has been brought to hospital last night due to High Fever. Mrs Neo has brought him to a nearby hospital to get him check. Mrs Neo has informed the class that the class will be starting at 1pm. There was longer time for me to sleep and torch up on my project.

I grab something to eat at the backstreet before I went to class. When I step in to the class, everyone was already on their sits and I notice that there is no sign of Daryl. Daryl is resting in his dormitory and I hope that he going to get well soon. J Today Mrs Neo will show us a short clip of Queen Elizabeth. Mrs Neo wants us to watch this movie because she wants us to know how a great leader reacts in such unpredictable and unstable situation. We all must take note in everything she did that makes her a great leader.
Setting up the Movie!
A brief Overview of Queen Elizaebeth.
Let the show begins

Before the movie start to role, everyone must keep themselves comfortable and get ready to take notes on the movie. Everyone was quiet and giving their fullest attention in the movie. After watching the movie, I will rate the movie 5/5 because the storyline and the visual effects were superb.
After watching the Movie, I feel that Queen Elizabeth is a great role model and should be followed by anyone that wants to put themselves to become a great leader. Queen Elizabeth had the mind of a political genius her country through careful leadership by choosing capable men to assist her. Even a great leader needs someone to help in the decision making and planning. Queen Elizabeth has her own rights and belief that she will always stay strong and stick with it.

We had a Communication skills lessons with Mrs Neo for 3hrs and also to see whether can be capable leader in the future by trying out some questionnaire that is being set by Mrs Neo. I think I can be capable leader in the future but I need to build up in my technical skills to be a much better leader. We were given an assignment that needed to be done by tomorrow about the short clips of Queen Elizabeth.

Reflection
Today it is a good day for me as I can reflect myself whether or not I am a good leader or not. I feel that being a leader, you need to delegate the job to someone that is capable, really know your team members very well and must take the responsibilities if anything happen to your project or tasks that is being given to your group. I was not born to lead people but during my life in Poly, my friends always entrust me to become the leader for the group. I really not sure what’s the main reason they always want me to become the leader. I hope that the reason is that they see as a strong and capable leader which can lead the team to success. In Wuhan, I become a leader again and need to adapt around my new members. On the first time I meet them, they may feel uncomfortable around the new people but it my responsibilities to bring as a group and bond them together in order for us to work well together as a group. I hope that in the future I can be a successful Project Manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment