Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 29 - A Dissapointing Day

The day has come for me to sit for my Practical test. I was well prepared for the Practical test as I was revising for the whole day yesterday to revise for the test. Hope it pays off. We are having the test at 9.30am on our own class with our own laptop. This is my first tome using my own laptop doing a practical test because normally we need to use the computer at the computer lab to do any of practical test. I think Mrs Neo is unable to book the computer room for us or the computers there do not have Microsoft Project Office.

When I step in the class, each table and chairs are far apart from one another and the atmosphere in the class is very tense as they all know that the test will be not be that easy. After everyone have seated on their respective chair, Mrs Neo walk around the class to take a look at everyone laptop and see whether the desktop of each laptop has been clear with all the unwanted stuff which can lead to cheating. Mrs Neo has specified that anyone that is caught with cheating will get straight ZERO. After everyone has been check, Mrs Neo starts to distribute the question paper to all the students. I was sitting at the back row as all my group was specified to seat at back.

After receiving the paper, everyone was ready to start on the test. I read the whole Question paper before I get stated with it. The most important part of a test is to read the instruction and the overview of the paper. When I read the paper, I found out that the paper was not that difficult and it is manageable.

When reaching the end of the Practical Test, I found out that there is something wrong with my Microsoft Office. I can’t get the exact answer that the question wants me to get. I called Mrs Neo and ask her why I can’t get the exact answer as the question paper, she smile at me and say that there is something wrong with my Microsoft Excel. In my head, confirm DIE. I only have 20minutes left to re-do the whole paper. I gave it a try but it fail because there is so much things need to be done at such a short time. This is my first time giving up when doing a test. I was disappointed and depress after what I have did.

When the time is up, everyone needs to leave the class except for the student leader. I am a student leader so i need to stay back and help Mrs Neo in collect the Microsoft Excel and the word document from every of my group members. It took me 5 minutes to collect the entire document and pass it to Mrs Neo. I ask all my class mates whether the paper is difficult or not. Most of them said that they have screw up the test and some says that they can’t understand what the question is asking. I was quite relief to see a number of student that also not sure how to do the paper because at least I know that i am not the only that screw up the paper.
I have don’t have the mood to go out due the practical test. The only thing that can help me to push up my grades is my Final Examination. I will work hard on it and put every of my effort in achieving it.

Reflection
Today is not a good day for me. I was so angry and disappointed with myself. I have work hard for the test and nothing was paid off. I feel that all the hard work that I put in is a waste. HAIZ.. After long hours of thinking in my room, I told myself that is useless to get disappointed with the things that you have did in the past. All the mistake I has did in the past, I should learn from it and don’t repeat the same mistake twice. I hope that what I have learnt from Mrs Neo about Microsoft Office can be use in the future when I am having my career as a logistician.

No comments:

Post a Comment