Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 37 - SportS Day and Farewell Dinner

There are quite a number of interesting events that happen today. The first interesting that happens today was, we are having a friendly basketball competition with the locals’ students. Si hao pass me the responsibilities to become the organiser of the event and i need to find 5 of our own students to participate in the competition. I took me less than 30 minutes to form a basketball team. The team consist of Si hao, Fathullah, Wen Jie, Daryl and me. We have a super sub which is Wei Qin.

We need to be at the basketball court at 10am and we saw a large number of crowds that was gathering on a single court. It’s the court that we having our competition at. I never played basketball before so it will be challenge for me but it never stop me from trying a new sport. Need to have a positive mindset. When we take a look at the local team and we see how they play. One things that I can say, we have no chance of winning them. They were really good in playing basketball.

They are GOOD! Trying to block Chao Run.. But i Fail!

Guarding my territory!

I am the tallest among my own team but when I compare with the local team, I feel that I am just a small kid. HAHA! The game begins. We play quite badly at the first few half because we don’t the connection with one another. Half way through the game, Si Hao sprain his leg and need to bring him to the hospital. A couple of my friend followed him there and we can’t stop the game half way so we need to continue and finish the game. We only have one half left so we bring in all the Singapore students to play. We had a lot of fun playing with the locals even though we lose VERY BADLY but are about the experience not the points.

TEAM SINGAPORE! (without Si Ho)
CHEERS BASKETBALLERS!
That's One Big Guy!

We went back to rest and to get ready for our next event which is the farewell dinner with the locals’ students. All of friends have plan to wear formal for this dinner as it’s a special night for all of us and maybe this is going to be our last dinner at a grand restaurant.

We all look good with our formal outfit and we need to meet up with the other students at 5.30pm at the main building. All the other students were looking at us because we were wearing formal outfit. I know that all of them a jealous. HAHA! We took a group photo in front of the main building before we proceed to the restaurant.

SMILE!!
1,2,3 SMILE! with my local students and friends
Everyone was assign to a table and no changes can be made to prevent any confusion. The night went smoothly and everyone was happy to spend their dinner with the locals’ students. Each group sent a representative to speak on behalf for everyone. Fathullah is speaking for everyone for the MDE and Sam is speaking on behalf of the ECE. They gave quite a powerful speech and after the speech, I feel that the time flies so fast and we only have a few days with the local students. I must full use of this few days and repay what they have done to make our trip memorable.
After Dinner Poker! :D
TEAM A
TEAM B
TEAM C

Reflection
Before I went to sleep, I keep on thinking on the things I did here in China. All the things that I do can be make possible with the help of the locals students. They have helped us a lot in adapting to this new environment and bring us around to new places. Without them, it is impossible for us to know so many places. I will give a special thanks to all my local friends and I will repay them the same way they treat me here when they come to Singapore.










No comments:

Post a Comment