Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 35 - Welcome to NEW WUST!

We think today was going to be an OFF day for everyone because yesterday was our final lesson but the WUST stuffs have make plan for us to visit the new WUST campus. Some of us were a bit piss but we can’t disobey teachers’ rules so we just do the things that need to be done. It took us 45minutes to reach the new campus and the building at the new WUST is much more modern and beautifully constructed. The bad side about this new campus is located far away from the town area and there is not much mode transportation that passes through this new campus.
Nice Main Building!
Walking Towards the Foreign Langauge Classrooms
"Welcome Ngee Ann Polytechnic Students"
Finding our Local Partner!

AHHA! Finally found her! JANE!When we reach there, there were large numbers of locals students to Welcome all of Us. I was so torch by how they greet us and welcome us to the new place. We took a group photo with all of them before each of us were assign with a local students. I was given the number 11 and I must ask the locals student there whether they have the same number as mine. Than this cute girl came to me and she says she have the same number as me. I shake her hands and introduce myself and she also introduces herself. Her name was Jane and she is a second year student studying in this new WUST. She is studying foreign language and she took English language in this University. The way she spoke to was quite impressive for a local student.

The Host of the Day

Get Seated People
Sam and Si Hao is representing each Division
Cute Girl that perform for us!
Smoothing Voice!

The first place we went is a meeting room that the local students are going to welcome us and give us a short brief of the thing that we are going to be doing in the afternoon.

That's a HUGE LIBRARY!
A Computer Area for the WUST students
Let borrow some Books!
The Model Structure of the New Wust!

The next place that the local students brought us was the School library. On the way to their school library I had a good conversation with my local partner, Jane. We get to know about each other and tell me more about the campus. When we reach the library, the size of the library is like the size of Singapore National Library. WOAH!! It was GIGANTIC. We went to library not to take at their library but to go to their mini exhibition of their school History. When there we have time in our hands, Jane has brought us more than the History exhibition area.
The School Canteen. 3 storey High!!
A wide Variety of Food!
Delicious!
The next place that we went was the canteen. We had our lunch there and I know that all of us was already feeling hungry. HAHA! Their campus has a three story high canteen and each level have their own cuisines. COOL RITE!
After the meal, Jane will bring me around the campus and tell me more the place. There is quite a number of unique places in the NEW WUST! :D
At the Lakeside!
The GYM!
The School Field!
NOW is game time! We were going to play games with the local. We were going to team up with our local buddies. I have a lot of fun with Jane as we enjoy each other company.

"Everyone please stand with your partner!"

The First Game!
The Second Game! Chopstick and Ping Pong Balls!?
Jean! Easy Rite!
JUMPY! The last place we went is the biology lab. This was first time going to the lab and see dead people being cut in order for use to see the organs and different parts of the body. The place is not for the faint hearted. There are quite a number of disturbing images that I don’t want to take a look at it. This is science. In order for us to learn more about the body parts, we have to really cut a real body to see the real thing.
The Science Block!
The professor is Explaing more about the place!
SHIOK AH!

AHHH!!!
EUUU!!
The Famous Professor Around this Science Block!
It was for us to say our goodbyes to our local buddies. I am sad to say goodbye to Jane as she have help me a lot for the whole day. Jane and I will stay in contact by e-mail. :)

When we went back to campus, there is not much we did. I have an early rest for today.
Reflection
Anyone that has helped me along the way in my life, I will remember them for the rest of my life. Jane is one of them. She just came to my life today and she’s already making a big impact on my life. She really welcomes me to her life and explains to me more about her and her life. It’s rare to find this type of people especially from another country. It’s good that I had met a good friends and I will remember her for the rest of my life. I hope that I will become better person that will help anyone that in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment