Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 13- A day of Observasian!

I woke early again. I went jogging with two of my girl friends as they are interested in jogging in the morning. We when a bit early around 6.45am as today lesson start very early. The weather is not as cold as yesterday and I don’t have any problem running more laps. It feels so nice to finally that I can really exercise and sweat my ass off. When I exercise in the morning, I will be very active in class for the whole day.
Checking out the lastest news!
My class going to start at 9am today. On the way to class, I notice that there is a long transparent board that have different pages of the newspaper for today. There is a lot of the WUST students will go there and read the latest news in order for them to keep updated for the latest news and other things happening throughout the world. I think is a good idea to have a long transparent board and put the newspaper in it as it will reduce the number of newspaper produce and lesser number trees being cut to make the paper. I think that China people are environmentally conscious as they are trying to reduce the number pollution in their country. Even though they are being rank the 1 for the most polluted country in the world, at least that they are making an effort o reduce the amount of pollution by making everyone to practise to be more environmentally friendly.



After the class have ended, when I was walking back to the dormitory, I notice a guy is using a brush and glue the poster from the front rather than the back that we normally do. The guy will paste poster of all the important notices that the student need to be inform about. There is only certain place around the campus that the poster can be pasted. In Singapore, we are not allowed to glue the poster as it is an act of vandalism and it can cause damage to property. I think pasting the poster with glue at the wall is not a good way to inform the people in the campus as it cause lot damage to the wall and it difficult to remove the poster off.

PUSH PUSH!!
So many Taxi!

We when off for dinner with all my classmates to the local street to get our food. We saw a couple of guys pushing their cars forward using their own strength rather than starting the car and move it. i think they don’t want to waste their gas just to move in such a short distance. All the guys that is pushing the car is taxi drivers and they are waiting for passenger to board their taxi. It is a good spot to wait for the passenger as it is located at the front of the University of Wuhan. Many students will tend to take the taxi to go to the nearby shopping mall and restaurant as the taxi fare is very cheap.

The Muslim Store

Nice Rite!

We found out that the street food doesn’t look that appetizing. We have our meal at a Muslim restaurant that is located at the back of the street. I finally found another Muslim store around the campus. It is so difficult just to find a Muslim restaurant in Wuhan. I think the percentage of Muslim in Wuhan is lesser than 5%. The workers at the Muslim restaurant are all Chinese Muslim and they all are very friendly as they welcome us in and show us to our table. All the menu is written in Chinese and i don’t understand a single thing that is written there. I told my friend to order for me anything that is spicy. After awhile, all of our dishes come and we can finally enjoy our meal. I tried almost all my friend dishes and they have a distinct taste which i never taste before. It is good to try food from different country as each country have a unique taste. After our meal, we went back to our dormitory and we call it a day.
Jason NOOR!

Reflection
I really open up my eyes and observe a lot of things today. When I observe something in Wuhan and made comparison with Singapore, there a lot to talk about as each country have their own Uniqueness. I really like Wuhan as the people here will treat you nicely even though you are not the local there. In order for me to learn more about the locals here, I need to observe more and learn the way they do things. When i learn how they do things, I will know which activities that will not harm their culture in any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment