Thursday, March 25, 2010

DAY 22- TEST!!!! Exploring the Livehood of Wuhan

Finally the day has come. Today is going to my first time having test in Wuhan. I felt very nervous for today test even though I have been studying for 8hours straight yesterday. I think that I don’t have the confidence and positive mindset that I going to do well for this paper. I woke very early for today, just to do a bit more revision and recap all the things that are important for this test. All my roommates also wake early just to get prepared for the test.





My heart beats very fast for every step closer to the classroom. I slowly enter the big lecture classroom, I look at everyone faces and almost all of them look very confidence except for me. The sitting arrangement for this test is Group A will sited at the front row than will be Group B will be sited at the second row and so on. I will be sited at the front as I am in Group A. I felt very cold when I in the room ever though the heater is ON! Ms Neo started to distribute the paper to everyone and everyone is already preparing to get started. After I received the test paper, I give my fullest concentration on this paper.



After I had finish the test, I felt so happy and relief for completing the whole test. I think the paper is not that difficult because everything that I have revised came out during the test. Everyone in class has a wide smile over their faces after the test and it means that the paper is too easy for them.









We went back to our dormitory to put our bags and after that we going out to go shopping for our sports attire for the trip to Wudangshan. While waiting for the rest of the group to get ready, some of us have nothing to do. We use that free time to clean up the whole room. I sweep the floor, Si hao clean the toilet and Fathullah just put all the things in order. We did enjoy the process of cleaning up the whole room. We have not clean the whole place for 1week!! HAHA!


After the room is clean, we went out to get the thing needed for the trip. We took at cab to Jiansheer Lu which is around 10min drive from the campus. When we finally the reach the place, we have plan to walk the whole street of Jiansheer Lu. During the journey along Jiansheer Lu, I have experience many different things. When I walk along the street, it feels like I am inside the neighbourhood of the place. The atmosphere around the area feels so relax and it’s almost the same as Singapore neighbourhood.








There are many interesting thing I experience during the journey around the neighbourhoods there. The first interesting I saw are, how the car parks their car. In different corner of neighbourhood, the car park differently. In one part of the street that I go, the car is park at one side of the road at an orderly fashion. In the other part of street, the car is park on the pathway of people walking. I think that, the government never really issues fines to anyone that park the car on the pathway so the people here don’t care where they park their car.




The second interesting I saw is, the old folks here love to play Ma jong along the streets with other old forks. They will gamble with other folks when playing the Ma jong. I think they have too much free time that they use this free time to socialize with other old folks. Other old folks that never play, will just take a look at the ones that playing, talking with other old folks or smoke their cigarettes. They are different than Singaporean old folks, as Singapore old folk only go out when they plan to buy groceries or just stroll along the park with their grandchild and maybe stay at home do their housework.



The third interesting that I notice is that, the entire fast food restaurant in Wuhan never provides Chilli sauce. WHY!! I love chilli sauces. I have my launch at McDonalds’ for today. I bought a set meal that consists of a burger, 2 chicken wings, French fries and a drink. I ask Si hao to ask for me for chilli sauce but they DO NOT OFFER ANY CHILLI SAUCE but they offer a type of chilli powder. I took it and give it a try and see how it tastes like. After we find a place to sit, we put together all the French together and I pour the chilli powder all over the fries. I give a try, it taste very nice and completely different than eating with chilli sauce. I also put the chilli powder on my burger and it completely changes the taste of the burger which made it more delicious.


After the meal I walk around Jiansheer Lu to get the sport attire I need. All of us bought something when we go out today. At night we never did much as we want to rest our mind and body for tomorrow lesson in the morning.



Reflection


Today is such an interesting day for me. I experience the neighbourhood of Wuhan. The neighbourhood here much more relax and the old folks here are so active. They socialize with other old folks, enjoying their retirement and having a great time together. Every shop that I went in, they are really interested in us as we come in Singapore. They keep on asking us Questions related about Singapore and the people staying there. We make good friends with almost every shop owner there and they going to give us discount if we buy anything on their shop. With this you can see the difference between Singapore Shop and the Shop in Wuhan. The first few things that I going to miss when I go out of Wuhan is the locals here. Their kindness and friendliness of the people here just touch my heart.






































No comments:

Post a Comment