Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 17- ONE OF THE BEST DAY in WUHAN!!

We were informed yesterday that we need to meet up at the dining hall at 6.30am sharp. When I was sleeping at the cosy bed, my roommate woke me up vigorously and he said that is already 6.30am. I straight away wake up and wash my face without bathing. I know that we going to be late and be punish for being late. When we walk into the dining hall with our blur faces, everyone was looking at us as we are the last one to enter the dining hall. We ate the food that is being served to us and it taste not that great.


After a pathetic breakfast, we are going to drop off at a port and head to a Buddhist temple. There is also other tourist that is heading to the Buddhist temple as there are almost 10 buses that is going to bring us to the temple. The other tourist was staring at us when we are entering the buses. Maybe this is the first time they see a Singaporean. It took us 20minutes to reach the Buddhist temple. The temple is located at the cliff of the hills with a long bridge that is being build in between two hills.

WOW! What a NICE Temple!


When we enter to the temple, there is a golden structure of a Buddha. The first place that I go when I enter the temple is, I went to a room with a monk inside that is going to say prayers to all of us. We must kneel down on a cushion and put of hands together and listen to what the monk got to say. After an interesting experience, we went outside the room and were given 3 joss sticks to pray to the Golden structure Buddha. This is my first time doing this. When the monk hit the bell, I need to bow 3 times and must say your wishes.


That's the Stone Bridge.

Up Up and Away! Long Staircase up to the White Emperor City

OLA! White Emperor City!
WHOAH!! So many people at this FAmous Place..
This is the type of coffin that is being put at the cliff of the mountain.
JUMPY JUMPY AT THE BRIDGY
After that, we have to across a long stone bridge that extends over the river. The scenery was marvellous and we must walk across a bridge to go to Baidi Cheng (White Emperor City) that is located at the top of the Baidi Mountain. We must walk up a long staircase before we can reach the Baidi Cheng. Some of my friends were panting so hard after we reach the top. The Baidi Cheng looks like an ancient looking temple with many Chinese writing around it. Baidi Cheng is being split to many different parts. The red wall with an imposing yellow dragon-head gateway surrounds the temple complex. Though the temple was originally dedicated to Gong Shushu, the White Empeoror, hiss statue was removed in the Ming Dynasty and replaced the images of Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, heroes of Shu kingdom during the Three Kingdom period. There are different type of Tablets that have poetry and calligraphy being engraved on it. We only given 30 minute to explore Baidi Cheng and I was glad to go a place that is rich with history. We took a few pictures of the structure of the place and need to go back to our Tour bus ASAP! It is because we are behind schedule.

Yum Yum! Crunchy Shrimp!Delicious Crab and Fish.
After we went to the Buddhist temple, we must go back to the cruise. On the way back, we take a look at items sold at the souvenir shops. The common items they sell there is wooden comb with Chinese words written on it. I have bought a wooden comb as souvenir. We took a look at the street food and we brought a couple of food local snacks suck as fried fish, shrimps and crabs. Each of the snacks cost as 10¥ which is around S$2.30. The fried fish is the best street food I ever tasted.


Movie at the Cruise.


03 guys at the top of the Cruise. CHEERS!


NICE RITE!


When we reach the cruise, we have time to rest and explore more around the cruise. The cruises have many unique spots. The top deck has the best overview of the place around of us. All of my friends will go up to enjoy the view or just have long conversation there. The other great spot is the front part of the cruise. We can enjoy wind blowing at our faces and breathing in the fresh water around us.


The Wind is So STRONG! at the ferry.


Cool cave!


Superb view inbetween two cliffs!


the HIGHEST PEAK!


Finally the cruise has reached its destination. We finally can take look and experience the Shennongxi stream. Each person is given an entrance ticket to another cruise which is going to bring us to the three gorges. It is an open air Cruise which we can enjoy the beautiful scenery of hills and mountain. It is 60kilometres long in total joining the Changiang River at the entrance of the well known Wuxia Gorge. The first gorge that I went is, Longchang Gorge. At the Longchang gorge, the river cuts through the sheering up rocky cliffs and winds its way down the deep gully. The second gorge that I went is, Yingwu Gorge. At the Yingwu gorges, I can find flowers in full blossoms on all side against at the background of green hills. The stone structure at the gorges is so marvellous. The third gorge is Shen nong Gorge. I heard from my travel guide that, long time ago at the Shen nong Gorge, there are coffins that is being inserted into the holes of the cliffs. Nowadays, many people are still puzzle of how the coffins were stowed on such steep and inaccessible places. The last and final gorge that i went is, Mianzhu gorge. It is known for its danger because the riverbed is very narrow and the rocks there are very steep.


Lets go to my SAMPAN!


My Pretty Tour Guide!


Eventhough they are OLD.... they are STRONG!!!


74 years old! He sing us a Local Song.. Beautiful


Back to the my ferry!


Our cruise stops at another point, which we were going to take a small open sampan (called ‘peapod’ boats). It is a unique experience for me to view the natural scenery and the ancient village there. When I am on the sampan, I need to wear a life vast for my own safety and there is almost 15 visitors in each sampan. There is a pretty tour guide that going to tell us more about the place. In my sampan, there are 6 boatmen who are the local peasants which are going to bring us along the river. Almost all of the rowers are very old and they look very strong. When sampan is moving, there is a pretty tour guide that going to tell us more about the place. She also entertains us by singing for us the local songs and her voice is very beautiful. When we are reaching the shallow stream places, they will paddle in the swift-flowing stream to tow the boat upstream by the rope. There are 2 of the rower that jump up and pull the boat with 2 ropes and using their own bare hands. It is unique experience and one of them that pull the boat and row a ship is a 74 years old man. WOW!! After he pull the boat, he go back to the sampan and continue to row us back to the place where we start. The tour guide asks the 74 year old man to sing for us. He has very good vocals but none of Chinese friends understand what he is singing. I think he is singing at a native language. After a nice sampan trip along the stream, we went back to our Beloved Cruise.



It feels so good to back to be back at the cruised but I will REALLY miss the beautiful scenery of gorges. the scenery will just in my mind for the rest of my life. : ). After we reach the cruise, we went to the dining hall to have our dinner. The food there is quite ok, not as good as the street food. We were told by the tour guide that we can experience the door opening the three gorges at 11pm. We all were so excited after hearing the news and we planned to relax at the top deck with snack and enjoy the process of opening the gates.


FUN SHOT before we go to the DAM.


Getting ready for the GATE TO OPEN!

WALA the DAM is Finally Open.


The gate close after we enter!


The metre to know how much the watet level decrease


After having short nap at my room and having a great bath, the girls are already at my doorsteps waiting for Si hao and I. The girls have brought some food and the guys is bringing bread. We are going to have a mini picnic at the top deck of the ship. We find a great spot at the top and we wait for the ship to reach at the entrance of dam. It took half an hour before it reaches the entrance and slowly the crowd start to grow. They all want to experience the same thing as us. When the first starts to open, everyone was already taken out their camera and taking snap shot of the process of opening of the gate. The ship will enter the gate, and there will be around 6-7 ship in entering the gate. After there is suitable number of ship indie the gate, the gate will start to close. After the gate is fully close, the process of decreasing of water level in order for the ship to enter the next gate. On the first gate, the ship drop from 175m to 160m than after that i will continue to the next gate. This is going to be the process for each of the gate the ship enters. There will be 5 gates and it will take us 6 hours. I am happy to see just the process of opening the first gate as I am already tired and I need to have my good night sleep. I will continue to tell happen tomorrow. :D


Reflection
I have learnt many things on my whole day excursion. The first place that I went is the Buddhist temple. I have learnt many things about Buddhism. They are very spiritual and the atmosphere around the temple is very calm. It is good to know other religion in order for us to broaden our knowledge about other religion and cultures. Each religion has their own uniqueness and their own practices. I have experience how Buddhism practice their prayers and it such a memorable experience and I will respect their belief.



The second place is the Shennongxi stream. The natural landscape along the stream is so spectacular. To experience such beautiful scenery at once is so unforgettable. Each gorge that I went has a story behind it. That’s why each of the gorges has their own uniqueness. Some of the animals that I saw I have not seen before. When I go to China, there is so much things that Singapore don’t have and I call myself lucky to have a chance to come here.



The third and final thing that I experience is the Three Gorges Dam. WOW! This marvellous structure is so huge that I think that is impossible such structure in the middle river. The time take and the investment in making the project a success is something that should be proud off. I want to congrates all the people that have taken part in the project and making the structure so marvellous. If I got a chance to go back time and take a look before and after the structure is being build, It would be one of the happiest day of my life.



Tomorrow will be another day at the cruise. Come and check it out if you want to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment