Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 19- CELEBRATION!!

It feels SO GOOD after having a good long rest. The trip to the Three Gorges is still stuck on my head when I woke up and it will not be forgotten until the day I leave this earth. It’s the start of the week, and I am ready for anything that’s being thrown to me.


Miss Grace! How do China Business Work?

Today, I am having my IS class and we are learning a New topic about China. The lucky topic is Doing Business in China. I will give my fullest attention about any topic that is related to business culture. I was glad to have this opportunity to learn about how China people do their businesses. China is now one of the best countries to do business with as they have the resources and labour. There are many type of business that can be done in China but there are three major industries that contribute to the growth of China which is exporting of education, processed food and wine production.


I never thought there is so many different business cultures that need to be follow when doing business. Being a businessman is not that easy. In China, there are certain cultures that need to be followed. Some examples is, firstly, in China, business relationship are personal relationship; establishing a trusting personal relationship that demonstrate your respect. Secondly, handshaking is the accepted greeting, with a light handshake encouraged, lasting as long as ten second. Only list a two, but there is a lot more that I have learnt today.


A Speech from A Special Person..

Other Np stuff



So LUCKY to take picture with Mr Foo See Meng

There is a Special Someone that came to our class. It is the Mr Foo See Meng; he is the Deputy Principle of Ngee Ann Polytechnics. He gave a short speech and asks all the whole class weather the life in Wuhan is good. This is my first time seeing him even though I have been in Ngee Ann for almost a year. After the speech, all of us took a picture with him.

We went back to our room to have short nap and do some revision for my upcoming test. A few more days to my test and haven really started.


The TOP STUDENT!

Common Guys tell me your Order!


So much Variety Of FooD!!

It’s going to be night soon, and we going to have free dinner because someone special is going to treat me. He is treating us for dinner because he is the TOP student in International Supply Chain Management for getting GPA 4. His name is Tan Si Hao. In China the culture is that when one achieve something or when one receive good news, he or she is suppose treat their friends or family members.


He is treating all of us and his China Buddies at a restaurant not far from the campus. One of the China Buddies has already book a room in restaurant for us. We went there around 7pm and the table is already nicely set for us. When all of us have already take their sit, Si hao starts to order the dishes. He is kind to both me and Fathullah as he did not order any dishes with pork in it. All of my China buddies can understand English very well so any topic about China culture that we are unsure off, we can ask them.


Finally the food have come, we all pick up our chopsticks and start eating. SHIOK AH! All the dishes taste so delicious and we can enjoy the meal with all our close friends. This type of Special occasion doesn’t come that often, as not many people can achieve success every day. After the dinner all us say our goodbyes and went off to our separate ways. We went to our dormitory and call it a day.


Reflection
I have learnt many things today about China itself. Especially the Business side of China, as doing business in China is not that easy as we need to learn about their culture first before we can open a business there. If anyone wants to open up a business in any country, they must learn about the culture and belief in order for them not to harm or disrespect them. Learning about other country culture is very interesting as it can broaden our horizon and it can be use in the future if you are interested to open up business in other country. In the future, I hope that I have a chance to work abroad and use my knowledge about other culture to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment