Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 3- Outing far away from campus

You know what i experience today?? SNOW! This is my first time experiencing it. Even though the snowflakes i saw is not as much as other winter countries, i am glad to experience it on my first trip to a cold country. My roommates and i have just wake up from our sleep and one of roommates saw white flakes falling down the sky. All of us run out of our room with only a single layer of clothing to capture one of a life time experience. I am really considering myself lucky to experience snow in Wuhan because in Singapore, we will NEVER experience snow.


Is SNOW!! can you see?!

All prepared for the trip

Today, a couple of my China buddies is going to bring me to ONE of the biggest shopping mall in Wuhan. In order for us to reach the shopping mall, we need to take the Bus. This is my first experience taking a public transport in Wuhan. We do not own a card that enables us to take the bus but our China buddies help us to pay for the bus fee. I am so happy to meet such good buddies in China.

The busstop in Wuhan

The Bus is very cramp !
One word to explain the bus ride in China. Crazy. It is like riding the roller coaster without having your seatbelt on. It take us an hour to reach our destination. It is almost the same as the time taken for me from my home to reach Ngee Ann Polytechnic. But there is slight difference between Singapore and Wuhan public bus tranport. The first difference is, the buses in Wuhan do not have any bell system to indicate whether passenger want to drop at the upcoming bus stop. Second difference is, the people can enter from the back door if the bus is fully pack at the front. The last difference is, the bus drivers in Wuhan do not wear any uniform and they speak very loudly and rudely to the customer. In Singapore, the bus driver needs to wear uniform and treat the passenger in the nicely.


The name of the Shopping District.



A BIG mall behind me!


It took us 1hour to reach to the town area of Wuhan. The shopping mall there is very big and nice. It almost looks the same as Vivo City BUT it much bigger. The difference between Singapore mall and mall in Wuhan is that the shopping mall in Wuhan is an open-air shopping mall but in Singapore is air-conditioned. I think the shopping mall in Wuhan is much colder than Singapore. When I shopping mall I was shivering whenever I walk around the shopping mall but in Singapore it will never happen.
A Shopping Mall that sell digital stuff.
Electronic Shops!

We when to an electronic shopping mall which is located beside the big shopping mall. It is almost the same as Sim Lim Square in Singapore. The electronic stuff there is much cheaper than in Singapore but some of the goods are fake. In order for us not to get the fake goods, we survey around the shopping mall to get the original electronic stuff. My friends bought the good there but I never get anything because I just don’t trust the goods sold there.
Nice Night View!

Reflection
I am so glad to have this chance to be here in Wuhan. I have experience a lot of things in a short period of time. This most memorable thing is having a chance to experience snow. I just hope that maybe one of day i got really experience a full scale snow. The other thing that I really love about today is getting know more places outside the WUST campus. I am very grateful to have a group of friendly China students to bring us around Wuhan. I have learn a lot of of stuff from them and i hope one day i can pay back their kindness that they have showed to me. :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment