Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 20- Rain Rain GO Away!

When I woke up, I was shivering like a mad man. It was raining heavily outside and the temperature is below 10˚C. In Wuhan, the sudden weather change here is very common and we all must be ready for the weather change. Item that i always must bring along with me is Jacket, umbrella and poncho. You never know when the weather will change and is better to be prepared. This is my first time wearing 2 piece of clothing on a very cold weather.


When I step out of my dormitory, the cold gust of wind just brushes off my body. The trip to the class was uncomfortable as I was shivering like mad and I was lucky enough to have someone to hug to. ;)


WHOAH! So colourful..

So Squezy!!

Today lesson, we going to learn a new topic that is call PERT. It is an important topic as it is going to be tested for our Examination. AHH!! I gave my fullest attention during the lesson and understand everything that is being taught by Ms Neo. Anything that I was unsure off, I will keep on asking Ms Neo so that I will understand every single detail that I don’t understand.
PERT is important as it can be used in my working life. Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) is used in cases where activity durations are uncertain or subject to uncontrollable variation, we cannot work pit an exact project duration. PERT will work out the mean project duration together with a standard deviation of the project duration. After we have done all the calculation, we can finally know the specific date that the projects going to ends. There is so much formula need to be used and it is almost like ASTATS which I took last semester.


Finally the class have ended. I can sense that everyone was tired and feeling hungry. One main thing that is different around the class today is, the class is filled with UMBRELLA! The umbrellas are scattered everywhere in front of the class. It’s such a unique sight as the umbrellas are cramp together at certain spot.

WET FLOOR.. be Careful..
HAHA!! I know how to Identify the Counterfeit Notes.
After the lesson, we went out of the campus to replenish our necessities. We went to the small supermarket to get all the stuff needed to stay survive until the end of the trip. All of us go to small clothing store to look at the clothing that is being sold there. Fathullah is looking around for a nice shirt to buy while Si hao and me is chatting with the shopkeeper there. The shopkeeper is very friendly as she told us the do’s and don’ts when are outside the streets. Some stuff that she talk about is that, don’t put the wallet at the back pocket your pants as pickpocket can steal the wallet easily. One of the interesting topics she talks about is how to identify counterfeit notes in China. There are various ways of determined if the notes are counterfeit. Finally I learn something interesting today and I can put in good use and identify all the counterfeit notes. HAHA!


Cute Bike..KFC Delivery Box.

YUM YUM!! KFC GOOD!

After we came back from shopping, we are so lazy to go out again to get dinner. The best way to get the dinner to come to you is just a simple phone call. We order KFC!! WOHOO! My roommates and I order the Family feasts which contain 11 piece Chicken, one 1.5litre bottle and 6 piece nugget. The deliveryman came in 15minutes after we order and we need to meet him at the back gate of the campus. The similarity between China and Singapore KFC deliveryman is they have the same KFC attire. The difference between China and Singapore KFC deliveryman is China KFC deliveryman ride electric motorcycle but Singapore KFC deliveryman ride motorcycle which use petrol to move the bike. The other difference is, China KFC deliveryman is wearing a cap when delivering the food but Singapore deliveryman will wear helmet when delivering.
After the superb meal, I get back to my studies and relax after that. :D


Reflection
Being prepare for anything is very important when coming to a new country or surrounding. You just never know what’s going to happen as you not very sure how the place works. When I am here in Wuhan, I always bring all the things that needed to protect me against any weather changes. The weather here is very unpredictable as we need to always check the weather forecasts and bring the things needed to keep ourselves safe.



The other thing that I learn is about being vigilant when you outside of campus. All your valuable belongings should always bring along with you and not keep at the dormitory as we don’t know what’s going to happen if we keep the things there. Wallets should not be put at the back pocket but somewhere close at front part of your body as it is the safest of all. The most important is how to check for counterfeit note as you never know whether the notes fake or note. I have been practicing of how to check the note is counterfeit or not. That’s all for today see you tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment