Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 23- Bloom FLOWER Bloom!

The weather today is so perfect to have lesson at 9am. We going to have IS lesson with Miss grace and she taught us China philosophy. We learn a few famous Mottoes by Chinese Ancient Sages. The sayings of Confucius are in Chinese and Miss Grace has translated the whole thing into English. it is quite an interesting lesson as I learn some of the Confucius that can be used in everyday life. Before we get off early for today lesson, we did a little assignment. This is my first assignment for my IS lesson. The assignment that we did is about learning the culture and behaviour of the Chinese people.

After the lesson there is a small fight within the class due to misunderstanding between two people. The argument between both of them is being resolve in a peaceful manner. All of us are mature enough to solve a problem in a nice and peaceful manner rather than resolve with violence.




After the (stupid) fight, we have plan to go to the Wuhan University to take a look at Cherry Blossom but before we go there, we put our school stuff back to our dormitory. On the way to the dormitory, there is designated area that is supporting the Earth Hour. Earth Hour is going to be held on 27/3/2010 which is tomorrow. Everyone that wants to save the earth they can show their support by offing their light for an hour. The burning of coal to generate the electrical energy will produce the green emission gases that contribute to global warming. I think it is a good campaign as a small effort of just offing the lights for an hour can save reduces the amount green emission gases that are being produce. I will support this type of environmental campaign as it will save the earth from being harm from all the humans’ activities that causes damage to the earth. A small effort to save the earth can make a huge difference.

All seven of us took the ‘bread’ car to go to the Wuhan University. The interesting thing about the ‘bread’ car is that there is no back seat but we still took it. You want to know the reason why. The reason is, he offers us at a much cheaper price than other bread car. We are typical Singaporean; we just want anything that is cheap. The trip to the Wuhan University is so freaking uncomfortable especially the bumpy part of the ride. All the guys are gentlemen enough to give away the seat to the girls and the guys’ seat on the floor of the car.

Finally we reach Wuhan University and there is an entrance fee we can enter. The entrance fee is 10¥. When we enter to the University, the size of the university is 10times bigger than WUST. The University have a park, more than 5 sport complex, more than 30 high rise building that is use for classes and all the rest is dormitory. I can’t believe a University can be that big.

The first thing that I saw when I alight from the ‘bread’ car is 2 huge volleyball courts. Beside it, there is another 2 more volleyball court and 4 basketball court. There are quite a number of students that’s playing volleyball and basketball. The first place we went is, a park which has different type of unique of plantation that I think cannot be found in Singapore.

After we went through the park, then we can finally see the beautiful Cherry Blossom. There are so many people there to take a look at the Cherry Blossom and most of them are foreigner. There is a quite a number of tour buses that is being park at the side of the road. That’s the reason why there are so many tourists there. I was speechless when I walk through the pathway that is full of Cherry Blossom. There are so many different type of colour of Cherry blossom such as white, pink, red and yellow. The Cherry blossom helps to beautify the whole university. I called myself lucky as the Cherry Blossom can only stay bloom for a week only.

After a mesmerise trip around the University, we took the bread car again to go to another special place in Wuhan. We went to a lake that’s call Dong Hu (East Lake) which is one of the biggest lakes in Wuhan. The scenery there is very beautiful as this is my first seeing a lake in Wuhan. The first time I lay my sight on Dong Hu, I think it is a Sea. HAHA! It’s a good place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake. We never had a chance to rent a boat to venture out at the lake because we do not have enough time to do it. If I got chance to come to Dong Hu, I will confirm use this chance to rent the boat and checkout the lake.
After a tiring day of touring around different places, we went back to dormitory. We bought street food for our dinner and we call it a day after that.
Reflection
I call myself lucky today as I got chance to experience something that is unique which only occur for a week. It will stay in my mind for the rest of my life. To make the occasional more special is that I am enjoying this experience with all my close friends. We have been together for almost 25 days and they are the closes thing to me. We like a family and helping each other if any of us are in need. My bond with the other 6 of my close friends has grown each day and I hope that we can stay together for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment