Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 6- The Day when Everyone Unites

Finally the sunshine brightens my whole room. The sky is clear and I can finally see the Sun at sky of Wuhan. Even though the sun is shining bright, the weather is still as cold as ever.
I meet up with all my classmates at the hallway and we all when to class together. When we finally reach the class, we are the first to be in class and our teacher praise us again for being early again. Some of my classmates still come late to class even though there is a new rule that is being implemented that anyone that is late to class will need to pay up 10¥ to Si Hao.

Our class end early today because all the students need to prepare for the performance for the China students. We going to perform for the China students at the lecture hall at 7pm.None of us is prepare for the performance as we did not plan anything for it. That’s why we must make full use of the time to prepare for the performance. My group will be merging with another group to do a skid for the China Students as both our group have the same theme.
Nice Hat!
Getting ready to go to class to Practice.


Both the group is coming to my room to prepare for the skid and the props needed for the performance. I never prepare a full skid in a day before and this is going to be a challenging task for all of us. We bring all the stuff needed to my room and create the props needed and finalise the costume that each person is going to wear. We took us 3 hours just to prepare the entire props and we not even started with our practice of the skid.

Racial Harmony in China!


Practicing for the Skid!!


We when to our classroom to start practicing for our skid but there other group using it too. Both of the group is very nervous as we not even prepared anything yet but we all corporate and we have some time to practice the whole skid for a few time. All of them that’s doing have a brief understanding of how the skid goes.




WOAH! That's a BIG lecture hall.



We finally reach the lecture hall where the Interaction Day is held. There are many WUST students the lecture hall and all of them is going to watch us perform our skid. The atmosphere at the lecture hall is great as all of them are very excited to watch all the programmes that is install for them. Before the programmes start, a member at each department will introduce themselves and tell the China students which course that we come from. The starting of the programmes is a couple of ECE students sing an English song to the China students.
Their performances were great and later there are China students singing for us a Mandarin Song which I don’t understand but her voice is nice to listen to

Acting like Bangla.. :D



Superb acting skills!


After all the singing performance has ended, it was our turn to perform for the WUST students. All of us are so nervous that we start to perspire even in such cold temperature. All of us took our position around the stage and got ready to start our performance. When our turn to perform for the skid, our nervousness just fade away and put up a great performance for all of them. All of us have fun and enjoy ourselves on stage. It is one of the most satisfying feeling ever as we are able to make them laugh and to see them enjoying the whole performance.


BANG BANG BANG!!



The programme is coming to an end.
The ones who lose in the charades game must dance in the middle of the stages or kiss a girl on the cheek. All of us were laughing and we really enjoyed ourselves. The programmes come to an end and we all take picture with all of our close China buddies. I hope that we have more of this interaction day in Singapore


Reflection

I am so glad to take part in this Interaction Day. It is one of the most exciting things that I have done in the WUST campus. I have learnt that the China people are very open and are not shy to perform to a big crowd of people that they never met before. It was a great experience for me as I finally have built up my confidence and overcome my fear of stage frightWithout the help of my classmates, i won’t overcome my fear and will be a shy guy for the rest of my life. My classmates are very supportive and make my experience in Wuhan more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment